The Skincare Edit

12:26:00

When I was younger I really struggled with my skin - I never had acne, or even a particularly large amount of spots looking back at it. But whatever I did have, I used to hone in on and become absolutely obsessed with. 

I've always been religious about my skincare, and over the years I've learnt a thing or two. Whatever products anyone recommends though we all know the basics. Water - plenty of it, and take it off at night! I can't fall asleep with my makeup on because I can feel it settling into my skin and it makes me paranoid. Weird I know, but convenient when I've been out all night and would otherwise just fall into bed. 

This is what goes onto my face on a regular basis; for reference I have normal to slightly oily skin around my t-zone, with some dry patches on my cheeks in the winter. 


La Roche-Posay - Make-up Remover Milk
It's gentle, has a faint smell of soft cotton and cuts through makeup in one wipe. Leaves my skin feeling clean, moisturised and comfortable. I would recommend using a separate eye makeup remover though.
La Roche-Posay - Serozinc Toner
Use after cleansing as a toner - spray on, leave for 5 minutes and pat the excess off with a dry flannel. Helps to control oil and feels lovely on the skin. Great to help you wake up in the morning.
La Roche-Posay - Pigmentclar Eyes
Has a metal applicator tip to help soothe sore eyes and de-puff in the mornings. Hydrates and is a great base for concealer. Prolonged use helps to diminish under eye discolouration.
La Roche-Posay - Citaplast Baum B5
For cuts, burns, scrapes and skin irritations. Soothes and heals. This is my little miracle product and I wouldn't be without it!


 La Roche-Posay - Effaclar Foaming Gel
Slightly tingly feeling on the skin, lovely and cooling. I use this a couple of times a week for a deep cleanse. Helps to control excess oil and lathers up really well. Follow up with a good moisturiser as it can be drying on its own.
La Roche-Posay - Effaclar H Moisturiser
My every day moisturiser - gentle, not overly greasy and sinks in quickly. Has a slight smell of soft cotton and a gel like texture. Keep it in the fridge if you have sore skin and it calms things down right away. Great base for makeup.
La Roche-Posay - Hydraphase Intense Masque
For when my skin is feeling thirsty. I add a thick layer on to my dry areas, leave for 10-15 minutes and remove the excess with a cotton pad. Exfoliate beforehand for rally noticeable results, this will leave your skin glowing.



Yes To Grapefruit - Daily Facial Scrub
I use this once or twice a week as an exfoliant. It's gentle enough to not damage the skin but does the job, you can definitely feel the beads on your skin. Quite strongly scented, but if your skin can handle it, it's lovely and refreshing. 
Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair
I use this when my skin is having a hard time - changes in the weather, travelling, not enough sleep; this is my rescue remedy. Use sparingly on oily areas, and pat into the skin before bed - your face will thank you for it in the morning. 
Clinique - City Block Sheer SPF25 
I wear SPF every day without fail on my face, neck, chest and hands. I actually prefer Super City Block SPF40 but for now this tube will do the job. I find the light version slightly greasy, so I'd go for the Super City Block if you can. That sinks in really quickly, is a great base for makeup and contains antioxidants to fight pollution as well as UV Rays. Winning.

All available to purchase from Boots

N. x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe